Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mediterranean Lamb recipe.

 Whenever I eat lamb I am reminded of home. Lamb is a very Mediterranean dish and I personally prefer it over pork. This is a simple recipe but it takes some time for the lamb to cook. Time required to prepare; 15 minutes. Cooking time; 2-3 hours.

We spiced the lamb up with some herbs of our choosing. In this case they were rosemary, pepper, salt, daphne and thyme.

We cut up some potatoes and placed them in a deep pan and we filled the pan with enough water so that it reached the mid-point of the potatoes and lamb. After that we poured some extra virgin olive oil (around half a cup) so that it covered the surface of the water.

The reason for doing that is so we can get the lamb nice and juicy on the inside while crispy on the outside. The oil traps the water from evaporating during the cooking time so the meat isn't dried up.

Place the pan in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Farenheit and let it cook for 2-3 hours, occasionally checking it to make sure it's not burning! I say 2-3 hours because my oven is not the best, heat escapes and the cooking time varies.



 To go with our lamb, I made a nice Greek-style salad. I tore some iceberg lettuce, chopped up some red and orange bell peppers as well as some green onions and lastly, some pine nuts and black olives. I dressed it up with some olive oil, oregano and some freshly-squeezed lemon juice. The lemon juice really goes well with the lamb so it was a perfect match.


 I'd love it if you would spread my blog around to people you know, or pin it and like it on stumbleupon! It totally makes my day.

Thanks for the support guys, see you on the next recipe. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment