Thursday, November 15, 2012

Food for an upset stomach.

So i wasn't feeling too good the other day. I had an upset stomach and was feeling pretty weak.
You know the feeling when you're hungry but not hungry at the same time? Yea, I had that.

I found this lunch really helped my upset tummy.  It was light enough that it didn't make me feel
stuffed, but it was also filling and helped me feel better.

--- Apple contains pectin, which helps you with an upset stomach and can prevent diarrhea ---


Delicious shrimp with vermicelli noodles, apple, and vegetables. 


What you'll need for a single portion:
  • kale chopped up - about a handful
  • frozen vegetables of your choice thawed - half a handful ( in my case it was peppers with beans)
  • shrimp - a handful
  • one portion of rice vermicelli noodles (you can find them separated into portions in the store)
  • one medium/small apple sliced
  • soy sauce - to taste
Pretty simply, huh?
This is all about how YOU like your food. Be creative, dont be restricted to what a recipe tells you to do.
Mix things up, add spices if you want; in my case, it was kept simple because of my upset stomach. 

The shrimp was precooked so all to be done was to reheat it in a pot, while you are making the rice vermicelli noodles in another pot at the same time (rice vermicelli noodles cook really fast). When the shrimp is done, remove it from the pot and add the thawed frozen vegetables and the chopped up kale to be warmed up a little but not heated up too much or boiled!  
Serve it in a plate, add the sliced apple on top with some soy sauce, I liked the soy sauce on the apple, it added an extra zing to it.

That's it.
It's a fast meal, perfect for that day where you aren't feeling too good and it's really healthy!

Enjoy! 

Please help me out by spreading this around to anyone who might find it useful :)
Until i start getting enough traffic on this blog i'm going to be posting the same things to my other blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment